Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Brady has arrived!

After months of waiting and weeks of being dilated to active labor sizes

He has decided to join the world!!

Birth story (another amazing one):

Went to the doctor for my weekly appointment Wednesday at 1145pm. Doctor said I was 7cm dilated and he was at station 0. I was having a few still irregular contractions but nothing regular or horrifically painful. She decided she would break my water and that would get things moving. So again, I hopped in the car, drove myself over to the hospital, grabbed all my bags and walked into the admitting office. I told the lady I was 7cm and going to labor and delivery. 30 MINUTES LATER I finished checking in (she was SOO slow!) and walked up to labor and delivery.

Even though the contractions weren't painful I knew that when she broke my water things would go fast so I asked for the epi first. Got the epi about 2:45pm. He screwed up and went to far and warned me that I'd probably have a headache the next day. 3:15pm my doctor broke my water. 3:50pm I started pushing. 4:13pm he was born! Yep that fast!!!!

Scored a 9 on the apgar scale. He was 7lb 13oz 19.5in long. He has LONG fingers and HUGE feet.

Mason was soo cute with him! He gave him lots of kisses and was kinda amazed by the whole thing. When he got ready to leave he asked "Mama all done now?" LOL

Brady and I were doing great in the hospital so they released us 24hrs later. Of course as soon as I get home the spinal headache started. The horrible HORRIBLE headache. It is better when I lay down versus sitting or standing. Someone please tell me how to care for a newborn and 2 1/2 year old lying in bed?! Yeah....

Supposedly these things last anywhere from 1 week to months. Wednesday is a week....Wednesday afternoon I will be calling the doctor if I still have it. Lora tab and Motrin along with Mt. Dew (caffeine) just aren't cutting it.

Our new little monkey....Brady James Blanton :)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

So sweet! Glad MAson is doing so well with him. :)