Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Dialation that lasts for weeks!

I always thought active labor was anything after 4cm. Apparently not. At 35.5 weeks I was dialated 3.5cm, but Brady wasn't in the birth canal yet. At 36.5 weeks I was 4.5cm dialated but he was still free floating.

I woke up about 2am with contractions. They were anywhere from 10-30 minutes apart and continued most of the morning. I felt this was it, so I picked up the house some, got a shower and was ready to go. As I left to go to the doctor this morning I was very slow to leave. The bags were packed, carseat in car, presents (for Mason and Brady) were wrapped....but I was sad to leave the house. Sad, scared and anxious at the same time. Sad to think it was the last time I would be a mom to 1. That our perfect little family of 3 was changing. Scared thinking...can I handle 2? And then of course anxious to see Brady. What he will be like, how Mason will be with him and begin the adventures our family of 4 will have.

I get to the doctor and at 37.5 weeks, I am 5cm dialated but Brady STILL isn't in the birth canal. So she sends me home!! Now here I sit on the couch dumbfounded. 5cm was went they sent me to the hospital with Mason and I wasn't even feeling any contractions. Doc says it could be anywhere from 1hr to 10hrs. Wow really? Thanks for the heads up doc!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

:( sorry you got sent home! Hopefully it will be soon! I know you will do great with 2! I am sure there will be many more adventures but ya'll will do great and Mason will be a great big brother, as you already know. :) If you evere need help please do not hesitate to ask!!