Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Mason is 1 week old!

Well I can't believe he's already a week old! HOLY COW! We have been doing ok, but have had a few issues with sleeping and feeding.

Feeding issues: My milk supply on one side is lacking...almost going away. The doctor gave me something to try to increase it, hopefully it will work. In the mean time we are nursing only on one side...this is getting painful. On top of that, he is having a hard time latching on. We have gone to a lactation consultant twice to try and help resolve. She suggested offering him a bottle AFTER I've breastfed just to make sure he's getting enough. Well, I thought we had it down, but today he wouldn't latch again. I'm hoping he doesn't have nipple confusing from the bottle.

Sleeping issues: Well besides waking up every 1.5hrs to nurse, he doesn't like sleeping on his back. Matter of fact he doesnt like to be on his back period. He screams when we change his diaper. When we put him down in the crib (pack n play) he will stay for 5-15 min then start screaming. Pick him up and he's fine. SOOO I have been sleeping in the recliner with him on my chest. I don't mind too much right now...but hopefully he'll learn to lay down so I can sleep in my own bed!!

Mason's first doctor's check-up went great! He was discharged Friday weighing 6lb 10oz and was already up to 6lb 12oz on Monday. We go back on Tuesday for his 2 week appointment. If all goes well, we don't go back until 2 months! His pediatrician is AWESOME! I love the practice. I was worried b/c I hadn't had a chance to check them out (I had an appointment on the day after he was born). He screamed the whole time, but partly because he was a little hungry.

Sleeping Angel


Exhausted for the Doctor

1 comment:

Todd and Courtney said...

He's so cute! Lauren used to do the same thing - waking up every 1.5 hours! drove me craazy!! We supplement now with bottles and its amazing!! I so hope we can get together sometime soon - we need to make the trip to Charleston!